We believe in the One true and living God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God reveals Himself in the Bible as Almighty Father, perfect in love and righteous in all His ways; as Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son; and as Holy Spirit, Lord and giver of life; each with distinctive personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being.
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ became Man without ceasing to be God, in order that He might reveal God and by paying a ransom and bearing our sins, He became our Redeemer. That this same Jesus Christ was born a virgin birth, led a sinless life, performed miracles, died an atoning death, was bodily resurrected, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will personally return in power and glory.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. He came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and to regenerate, sanctify, comfort, and seal those who believe in Jesus Christ, and to empower them to use spiritual gifts for the carrying out of the work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe that all men by nature are dead in sins and trespasses, and in this fallen state, man is unable to remedy his lost condition. Jesus Christ is the only Savior of lost mankind, the only way into the presence of the Father.
We believe that salvation of man’s eternal being is the gift of God brought to man by grace through the regeneration (being born again) by the Holy Spirit, and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose atoning blood was shed on the cross for the forgiveness of sin.
We believe in baptism by water as the New Testament covenant sign between God and His people.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those that are saved to the resurrection of eternal life, and those that are lost to the resurrection of eternal damnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. Believers are united by the New Covenant of Jesus Christ and together comprise the Church of Jesus Christ. Believers express their life in His Church through confession of faith in Christ, water baptism and commitment to a local congregation. The goal of His Church is to display the glory of God and make disciples of all nations.
Philosophy of Ministry How we pursue the will of God at Covenant Harvest Church.
- Jesus is both Lord and Savior
- Christianity is a way of life. It is not just a meeting or a decision.
- Relationships are the Biblical Method of Building the Church to extend the Kingdom of God. God’s way is relational and ours should be to.
- The Local Church is central to God’s purpose and should be central to our purpose.
- The Local Church is governed by a God appointed eldership that is plural, governed by team principles, and not a democratic system.
- To Worship in Spirit and Truth is the only way to connect with God’s presence.
- Worship is a way of life that goes beyond singing and music. Romans 12:1-2
- We are called to follow Jesus (discipleship) not to try to get Him to follow us.
- We are called to make disciples (followers of the Lord Jesus) not just deciders.
- Right relationships are a measure and means to maturity.
- We want to pursue a multi-generational vision.
- Death to self is the only Biblically valid Christian lifestyle.
- The Bible is absolute truth. It is the only objective, sufficient basis for faith and practice.
- The church is charismatic in nature. Spiritual gifts are essential in building the church.
- Christ is the Head of the Church. He divinely builds and plants people where He desires.
- Things are constantly changing. Change is a process of development and is valued.
- The church is a committed people with mutual responsibility, not an “it” or “them”, but “us.”
Enter the text or HTML code here